***Disclosure*** I wrote this review based off of my own research. Nothing I’m writing is factual but purely based on my opinion. Because I own the Thule Urban Glide Stroller I’m able to write out of personal experience. For my review of the BOB Revolution PRO I combined my own research with the reviews of other mamas (see bottom of page for references) to come up with an informed list. BOB and Thule both produce AMAZING strollers that will give you many days of happy running with your BUB.
I have been running since I was 15 years old. I won’t tell you exactly how long ago that was because it would give away my age. But lets just say I’ve been running for a loooong time. When I became pregnant, I made the decision to take a year off from running, just so I could relax and take in my entire pregnancy experience.
Skip forward eleven months. After eight weeks of around the clock caring for my new baby, I was biting at the bit to put on my running shoes and hit the pavement! Sure, I was excited to get started but also nervous to find out just how far behind I had fallen. And, I now had a constant running companion! My little Paxton would be along for the ride. And so began my hunt for the perfect running stroller. I did my homework, asking my runner friends, reading reviews on Google and listening to the opinion of the REI employees. Although there are many options for great strollers out there, it came down to two for me. The BOB Revolution PRO and the THULE Urban Glide Sport Stroller. So, I have picked and prodded and researched and tested…and really struggled to make a decision because both of these strollers are so FREAKIN COOL! But in the end I went with the THULE. Allow me to break it down for you:
The BOB Revolution PRO
- Hand activated Rear Drum Brakes – helps you maintain control when
- Swiveling Front Wheel – this is great for when you’re walking through a store or crowded street. It’s pretty easy to maneuver. The front wheel also locks. This is nice for when you are running on a straight road. When unlocked the stroller is difficult to control while running – it goes all over the place.
- Lots of padding and an adjustable reclining seat to keep your BUB comfortable.
- Ability to buy adapter for car seat
- Adjustable handle bar to accommodate different heights
- Very durable – will last a long time. AND you can put your BUB in it until they’re 70 lbs!
- BOB offers a lot of accessories you can purchase including a toddler feeding tray, Weather shield, handle-bar console with a coffee holder.
- It’s pretty easy to fold up and carry around
- A large pouch under the seat for carrying items.
- It’s not cheap. We’re talking $435ish brand new. It IS the top of the line when it comes to strollers however. Keep your eyes on REI. They have been known to run sales that offer a $100 coupon for The BOB.
- I’m not gonna lie, it starts to get heavy at 25 lbs. It’s bigger than your average stroller. You may find yourself struggling a little when putting it in the back of your car.
- Some mamas feel that the car seat adapter is not sturdy for running. It’s recommended that you only walk until your child is old enough to sit facing forward, which is around 6 -8 months.
- The BOB accessories are expensive. But they are SO COOL! And so many to choose from!!
- BOB makes car seat adapters specific to your brand of car seat Here is a list of some of the adaptors that are available:
Britax – Single
For more information on which BOB car seat adapter will work for your brand of car seat click here.
BOB Revolution PRO Accessories
BOB Handlebar Console – Single
BOB Handlebar Console – Double
BOB Single Snack Tray
I love how they made a little a confined area for BUB’s food. Helps keep it from flying all over the place!
BOB Double Snack Tray
Double the snacking action!
BOB Single Handlebar Console With Tire Pump
OK, this is genius. You never know when you’ll need to pump up a flat tire!
BOB Stroller Travel Bag
Hello trip to Disneyland!! Pack that baby up!
….And double the summer fun!
BOB Weather Shield – Single
Water and wind resistant
BOB Weather Shield – Double
Water and wind resistant
BOB Stroller Fitness Kit – Single
Dude, you want to get in shape? Well, here ya go! This is what you call a bada** mama!
BOB Stroller Fitness Kit – Double
Double the fitness trouble!
THULE – The Urban Glide – Sport Stroller
- I love this stroller and I use it everyday. It has literally been a life-saver for me!
- It’s not as expensive as other running strollers on the market. At $399 you feel like you’re getting a good deal.
- Are you a serious runner? This stroller is for you! With a unique rear suspension and large trail back tires, you feel confident running on more than just your average trail.
- I take this stroller off-road often…and we have a blast!
- It’s one of the lightest weight strollers on the market. Weighing in at 23 lbs it’s pretty easy to fold up and carry around. You still might struggle when putting it in the back of your car.
- It has several pockets (including some on the seat for your BUB to use) and large , water-proof pouch on the bottom. I’m able to carry all my groceries home.
- You’ll use it for a long time. It has a 75 lb weight limit
- Ergonomic, adjustable handlebars.
- It has a sleek feel – not as bulky as other running strollers
- A reclinable seat with a water-proof cover – so your BUB can nap comfortably
- A Car seat adapter that
- Unfortunately, those big mountain trail wheels are squeaky! After a while I learned to tune the noise out. But some people may not be able to do the same. In my opinion, totally outweighed by the positive features.
- The foot brake needs some design work. It seems outdated compared to such a modern stroller. It ‘s hard to use and sometimes hurts my foot.
- Although the tires are AWESOME on off-road trails, they don’t maintain air as long as I’d like them to. Minor complaint.
- Thule – you need to step it up in the stroller accessories department. BOB is killing you here.
Thule Urban Glide Accessories
The great thing is this adapter is compatible with most car seats!
Thule Stroller Console
Thule Glide Snack Tray
Thule 20110712 Glide Snack Tray
Take your BUB to the zoo or the park and keep them occupied longer with this nifty little snack tray for BUB.
Thule Glide Mesh Cover
This mesh cover provides you with that extra protection that will make all of the difference for your BUB. It is efficient at preventing that sharp morning wind and flying leaves from waking your sleeping BUB.
Thule Stroller Rain Cover
Thule 20110714 Glide Rain Cover
Soooo….I live in Portland, OR. Yeah this is a given!
IN CONCLUSION….you just can’t go wrong when choosing between these two strollers. Both will give you many an enjoyable run with your BUB. I really love my Thule Urban Glide Sport and highly recommend that you new mamas give it a try. Perhaps with my next BUB I’ll give the BOB Revolution PRO a try??? Or maybe one of you mama’s want to do a trade – my Thule for your BOB, just for fun!
Happy Running! (Yes, my BUB is holding a whisk. Don’t ask)
Resources and other great stroller reviews
Tales of a Mountain Mama – FANTASTIC blog
30 Something MOTHERRUNNER – Great resource for running mamas
Disclosure: At BUB, we review items we believe are the best for a new mom and her baby. This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we will recieve compensation. We test each product personally and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.